Production in Burkina Faso
In 2016, OLVEA Burkina Faso inaugurated its new production site, one of the first green plant of the country : bioclimatic architecture, photovoltaic panels, local materials, innovative treatment of the Shea kernels, biomass boiler fueled by Shea cakes, etc. All the logistic and production stages have been studied to reduce the carbon footprint and reach an optimal energy self-sufficiency.
With more than 60 collaborators, including 15% at the quality, 10% at the supply chain and 60% at the production, our green plant has a potential of 2500 tons of shea butter produced a year.
Sustainable supply chains
Since its creation, OLVEA Burkina Faso has decided to develop sustainable supply chains.
This initiative relies on transparent and long-term relationships with producer organizations, embodied by Collaboration Protocols.
Through its quality policy, OLVEA Burkina Faso is involved in a continuous improvement process
High quality procurement
OLVEA Burkina Faso has its own laboratory which omplies with the current regulations.
Good manufacturing practices
Hazards control following HACCP princples to guarantee thequality and sanitary safety of products.
Process control from the raw material supplied to the product delivery.
Offering conventional, sustainable, fair-trade or organic products.
To fulfill its missions, OLVEA Burkina Faso is supported by various partners:
• Ministry of the Environment, green economy and climate change (Burkina Faso): joint actions to protect the Shea resource and preserve biodiversity in OLVEA Burkina Faso’s area.
• Maison de l’entreprise [business centre] (Burkina Faso): support for the technical training of OLVEA Burkina Faso’s staff.
• Philanthropic fund of the OLVEA Group: opening of several literacy centers in Burkina Faso.
Public/Private partnerships with FDOV, ADA and USAID, set up with the help of ICCO and Fair Match Support, based on:
• Technical support of our supply chains,
• Reinforcement of the organizational and governance capacity of the producer organizations,
• Equipment support for our green plant (FDOV).
OLVEA Burkina Faso’s sustainable commitment is given concrete form by its CSR Policy,by its Global Shea Alliance and UEBT (Union for the Ethical BioTrade) memberships as well as its Responsible Operator status, delivered by Ecocert according to the ESR (Fairness, Solidarity and Responsibility).